Member benefits are available according to the category of membership
Individuals who are professionally involved or interested in any aspect of food and waterborne parasitology.
Students who are currently enrolled in a program of undergraduate or graduate study in an area of study related to food and waterborne parasitology.
Benefits for regular Members and Student Members include:
- Networking opportunities with other members with common interests in food and waterborne parasitology
- Access to resources and information within the members-only areas of IAFWP’s website including the registry of members, their credentials, research and diagnostic skills and capacities
- Information on opportunities to participate in workshops, training modules, working groups and consultation projects
- Discounted registration fees for IAFWP conferences
- A 20% discount on open access publication fee charged by Food and Waterborne Parasitology (FAW-PAR)
Corporations, and other for-profit entities, which have a business interest in any aspect of food and waterborne parasitology. There are three levels of Corporate Membership: Silver; Gold; Platinum.
Benefits for Corporate Members include:
- Complementary individual Memberships (Silver: 1; Gold: 2; Platinum: 5)
- Acknowledgement of the level of support on the IAFWP website
- Special consideration (according to level) for sponsorship of IAFWP’s conferences, symposia and workshops
- Priority and discount rates (according to level) for exhibition at IAFWP conferences, symposia and workshops
- Posting of related job openings on IAFWP’s website
- Posting of calls for study proposals related to the IAFWP’s scope
- Option to list appropriate commercial validated test kits for food and waterborne parasites under the Resources section of IAFWP’s website
- Payment receipt which may be an eligible tax deduction (IAFWP is an IRS registered not-for-profit organization)
Affiliate Group Membership:
Societies, Associations and other non-profit entities, which have an interest in any aspect of food and waterborne parasitology.
Benefits for Affiliate Group Members include:
- Use of IAFWP’s website for announcements, reports, and mission statement of Affiliate Groups
- A 50% discount on IAFWP membership fee for individual members of Affiliate Groups
- Option to use Food and Waterborne Parasitology (FAWPAR) as the official organ for publications, including reports, proceedings, etc.
- Representation on FAWPAR’s Editorial Board as appropriate
- Opportunities to participate in conferences, symposia and workshops organized or co-organized by IAFWP
- Networking opportunities with IAFWP’s other Affiliate Groups