IAFWP is pleased to welcome the Scandinavian-BalticSociety for Parasitology (SBSP), European Network for Foodborne Parasites (EURO-FBP) and the Environmental Parasitology Network (FEPN) as Affiliate Group members. A new Affiliate Group Membership category was recently established in IAFWP to facilitate formal cooperation with like-minded organizations which share our goals to advance and facilitate research, collaboration and dissemination of knowledge on all aspects of parasites that are transmitted by food or water to humans. There is no cost for becoming an Affiliate Member, and there are many benefits to the group and its individual members, as listed on our website, including:
- Use of IAFWP’s website for announcements, reports, and mission statement of Affiliate Member groups
- A 50% discount on IAFWP membership fee for individual members of Affiliate Member groups
- Option to use Food and Waterborne Parasitology (FAWPAR) as the official organ for publications, including reports, proceedings, etc.
- Representation on FAWPAR’s Editorial Board as appropriate
- Opportunities to participate in conferences, symposia and workshops organized or co-organized by IAFWP
- Networking opportunities with IAFWP’s other Affiliate Member groups
To learn more or to apply for Affiliate Group Member status, please contact us.